Activ8 Professional Activity Monitor
Activ8 Professional is a physical activity tracker for (medical) research, studies and education. Activ8 professional stores all measurements directly on your local computer, no cloud. Simple & straightforward. With Activ8 Professional you have access to raw measurement data at all times. Measurements are started and stopped via the Activ8 Professional recording tool, a windows based application, that also enables more advanced settings & features for a wide variety of applications.
- Activ8 sees what you do
Get detailed insight in how much you sit, stand, walk, cycle or run.
- Accurate & validated
Activ8’s activity recognition and energy measurement have been validated and proven to be extremely accurate for healthy people. Currently these validations are expanded for kids, elderly and certain chronic diseases and rehabilitation recovery after stroke.
- Activ8 recording tool
Store measurements in MET or (raw) counts. Turn the user interface on/off. Change recording interval from 5min (default) to 1min or 5 seconds.
- Use at other body positions – chest, wrist
Besides the upper leg, also support for chest position (activity recognition for sleep & sedentary lifestyle) and wrist positions.
- Validated activity recognition – sit, stand, walk, cycle, run
(Validation by Erasmus Medical Centre, Rotterdam – sensitivity & specificity over 90% for healthy people)
- Accurate energy expenditure monitoring
(Validation by Fontys Sports, Eindhoven – compared against Actigraph and direct oxygen measurement. For all activities Activ8 scored identical to the direct oxygen measurement and the Actigraph, for high intensity movements like cycling and running Activ8 scored closer to the direct oxygen measurement (golden standard)
- Validations currently expanded to kids, elderly, COPD, CVA patients, and wheelchair drivers.
- Small, lightweight device worn in the pocket
- Real-time daily target indicator with “emoticon” feedback
- Continuous monitoring up to 30 days
- Plug into your PC & synchronize with the Activ8 Recording Tool
- All information is stored in CSV format which can be directly imported in Excel or Matlab
Activ8 Recording Tool
- User Settings: name, date of birth, gender, height & weight for calculation of Basal Metabolic Rate (rest rate)
- Turn user interface: on / off, set target (% of MET or kcal)
- Measurement settings: interval 5 minutes, 1 minute, 5 seconds, MET, raw values and wearing position (upper leg, chest)
- Start / Stop (and download) measurement
- Show basic summary and graph
- Recording of raw values (at 12.5Hz)
- Supported OS: Win Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 – x32/x64
- A8005 Professional Physical Activity Monitor
- USB to micro USB adapter
- Protection pouch
- Quick Start Guide
- Activ8 Recording Tool (support for windows 7+)
- Real-time activity progress and daily target indication (can be switched off with the Activ8 recording tool)
- Validated activity classification and energy expenditure.
- Classification when used on upper leg: non-wear, sitting, standing, walking, cycling, running & movement intensity for each class
- Classification when used on the chest: non wear, lying on the side (left or right), lying supine (back), lying prone (chest), sedentary behavior (sitting, standing with low intensity) and high intensity (walking, cycling, running)
- Measurement data : accessible as csv file, every 5 minutes, 1 minute or 5 seconds (option of Activ8 recording tool) a summary on second basis is written containing activity classification and movement intensity
- Internal sample frequency: 12.5Hz (option of Activ8 recording tool to store raw measurements at 12.5Hz for validation studies)
- Data format: seconds/METs or counts/raw values
- Device locking feature (optional on request)
- Wearing position: upper leg (in pocket, with leg strap or tape), chest (with strap or tape) or wrist (using watch accessories)
- Technology : 3D Accelerometer
- Upgradability: both Activ8 Recording Tool & device firmware are field upgradable
- Micro USB connector : upload data via PC to server (USB mass storage device) & charging of the Activ8 tracker
- Battery : lithium polymer (rechargeable via USB interface)
- Operating time (fully charged): > 30 days
- Charge time : < 2 hrs
- Battery low / charge indicator : yes
- Device dimensions [L x W x T ] : 30 x 32 x 10 mm
- Weight: 20 g
- Color: White
- Computer with free USB port and internet connection
- Supported Operating systems: Windows XP SP3, Vista (x32/x64), Windows 7, Windows 8